Your Workspace (My Account) - After registering with Wolf Platform-as-a-Service, you receive an e-mail from Wolf with your User Name and Registration Password.
When logging in for the first time in the "Sign In" Page use this User Name and Registration Password and click the "Activate and Login" button to activate/login to your account.
Once logged in you are directed to the "My Account" page, click on the "Edit Profile and Passwords" button to change the system generated registration password from the "Edit Profile" page.
For subsequent logins to your Wolf Account from the "Sign In" page, login using your User Name and Password and click the "Login" button .
Applications in Your_Account - In the "My Account" page, click the "Add a new Application" button to create a new web application.
You will be directed to a page where you need to provide an Application Name and Super User details for your Application.
Once created, you will see the new Application on your "My Account" page along with two modes - "Design" and "Run" .
Remember, you are the Super User by default for this application and have access to both these modes :
1. "Design Mode"- where you can design your web application.
2. "Run Mode" - where you create Roles and Users for your web application as a Super User.
Clicking on either of these modes requires you to login using your Super User credentials.
GOLDEN RULES FOR THE WOLF DESIGNER:
1. Remember to Save and Publish all changes.
2. Refresh the Preview Section to view changes (where applicable) by right clicking on the Preview Section and choosing Refresh.
Let's start designing using the Wolf Designer -
1. Go to the Application Node in the Solution Explorer. Give your application a meaningful name.
2. Create an Entity.
3. Add fields in the Default Edit Screen of your Entity.
4. Create a Search Template for your Entity. This search template allows you to use a ready search template and choose the fields as results as defined in the Default Edit Screen for the Entity. You can also provide a search criteria.
5. Create a new Navigation Item. Link the Navigation Item to the Search Template of your Entity created in the last step.
6. Click the "Run" button from the Wolf Designer console toolbar to take you to the Run mode of the application. As a "Super User" you can create Roles, add users, give credentials to different Navigation items and Entities and invite Users to start using your web application.
In the Run Mode as a Super User -
1. Click on the "Manage Users" button to start creating users for your web application.
2. Click on the "New" button in the toolbar to create a new user. Fill the appropriate details in the "General" tab . For the "Default Folder" field choose "Solution Root". The user may optionally be given access to the Design mode of this application by checking the "Designer" checkbox.
3. In the "Entity Data Access" tab, provide access to the Entity/Entities created by you in the Wolf Designer Console. You may decide whether the User needs to be given Edit/Delete access to these Entities or both. For "Folder Name" field choose "Solution Root".
4. In the "Navigation/Menu Access" tab provide access to the Navigation Items created by you for different Entities.
5. After creating the User, logout of the Super User and Log in to the Run Mode using the credentials of the newly created user to access the Run environment of your application. You will be able find those Menu/Navigation Items which have access to the Entity Forms and start entering and viewing data.
Here's the design process diagram:
The next time you are on the "My Account" page, you may access the Run/Design mode of the Application using the credentials of the newly created User or the Super User.
Don't forget to access the real time node specific help. It guides you step by step. If you face any challenges, please drop a mail along with a screen shot (if you can) to email@example.com - Our team is happy to help.
Any queries or want to know more, Business Rules, Reports, Template customization? Please schedule a demo with us.